- Focus on Best Interests – Focus on the best interests of both separated parties as well as your children. Map out a plan around physical and emotional needs, as well as your child’s particular wishes.
- Understand the Need for Routine – If one parent shares a passion for one of your child’s activities, and it still works for that parent to be involved, allow for that. Provide your child a calendar that shows parenting time and other activities the child is involved with.
- Communicate – Determine how you and your co-parent will stay in touch on a daily basis to share updates on your child, and allow for adjustments as needed.
- Know How to Make Big Decisions – Craft a plan on how you will handle various decisions, like what teams to join or what to do in the event of a school or medical emergency.
- Maintain your Child’s Goals – keep specific goals in mind for your child’s perfect plan for success.
Support your Physical Wellness
through Difficult Endeavors
Divorce can be a highly stressful, life-changing event. That’s why it is more important than ever to truly take care of yourself when dealing with the emotional struggles of divorce.
Sunnee Blake is the founder of Sunnee Blake Fitness, which offers remote wellness support and training to those who are unhappy or unmotivated with their health. Sunnee helps on a one-on-one basis to develop a personalized plan where they will see results, learn how to overcome their barriers, and discover lifetime habits and strategies for becoming and staying healthy.
While Sunnee herself has not felt the emotional impact of divorce, she did share her own advice for overcoming obstacles. “Trust your instincts,” she shared. “Protect your integrity above all else.”
Sunnee also understands the strength of having a support system. “I don’t think I would survive without the ability to confide in my friends, family, and coach – having people who care so genuinely about my health and happiness and can have honest conversations without fear of judgment. That’s everything.”
If you are looking to work on your physical health during these trying times, Sunnee is offering a complimentary consultation to our readers who feel unhappy or unmotivated in their health. Reach out if you are stuck and want to start the path to success. Discover more at SunneeBlakeFitness.com.
“Prioritize communication, understanding and a lot of empathy.”